Dragonfly Fabrics is a family run business and is based in East Sussex. We have been selling quality modern dress-making fabrics for nearly a decade. We are proud to say we were nominated for the British Craft Awards 2018.
One of our founders, Dorte Heaton, has over 25 years of experience in the dressmaking industry. She has worked for a number of London designers such as Vivienne Westwood. Dorte has a passion for sewing and is keen to share her knowledge to help customers choose the most suitable fabrics and patterns for their projects. She is very happy to answer any questions you may have, whether you are new to sewing or are an experienced dressmaker. Dorte draws on her wealth of experience to source the very best quality fabrics to allow you to get excellent results from your dress-making projects.
Do browse our website where you should find everything you need for your dressmaking activities including:
- A great range of natural fabrics such as linens (including lovely soft biolinen), gorgeous cottons (including chambray, denim and corduroy) and wool (particularly boiled wool of which we have a superb selection of colours).
- Lots of different jersey fabrics (including the very popular Art Gallery fabrics and Ponte Roma)
- Other beautiful modern dress fabrics such as rayon challis, stretch crepe etc.
- Fabric samples in a generous size.
- One of the largest ranges of independent sewing patterns in the UK – suitable for beginners through to advanced. Whether you are looking for a dress from Tilly & The Buttons, a top from Sew Liberated or trousers from Closet Case Files, you are bound to find a pattern you love.
- A good selection of haberdashery items such as threads, buttons, zips, ribbons, bindings, vilene etc.
- Gift vouchers – ideal as a thoughtful present for dress-making friends and relatives.
- Lots of dress–making inspiration and ideas in our Inspiration Videos and Blog sections.
We also recommend joining our Fabric Club to receive updates on new fabric and pattern arrivals. Additionally, you will receive some great sewing ideas and notification of special offers.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or Twitter for even more news, offers, tips plus plenty of photos and videos to inspire you. We love to see your makes using our fabrics and patterns so please tag us in your posts!
International Clients/ Delivery
We have recently joined up with DHL to offer a 1-4 day Worldwide delivery service and offer subsidised postage rates of $15-20. If you wish to see order samples first please email [email protected] if you are from outside of the UK.