What is Linen-Cotton Blend Fabric?
These Linen-Cotton fabrics comprise a mix of cotton and linen which gives a softer feel compared to pure linen fabric. The cotton softens the fabric, making it more absorbent. Additionally, it drapes well and cools the skin more than cotton alone. Because of this, it makes a lovely fabric to wear in summer.
What can I make with this fabric?
This fabric makes lovely summer clothing, including dresses, skirts, tops, shirts and blouses.
How do I care for this fabric?
Wash before cutting and sewing in case of shrinkage. Wash at 30 degrees Celsius. Iron damp and at a medium heat.
Any tips for sewing Linen Cotton Blends?
• You will find these fabrics easy to sew. They don’t slip or pull under the foot of the sewing machine, therefore this is a great fabric for a beginner to use
• Use sharp scissors to cut the fabric
• Finish the raw edges with the serger or a zig zag stitch to prevent fraying
• Use a medium size sewing machine needle
• Use a cloth when pressing from the right side with a steam iron because linen has a tendency to shine when pressed. Alternatively, press from the wrong side of the fabric
• Topstitch the fabric to keep it flat and even.