- You cannot add "Shade Cactus Viscose Dress Fabric by Atelier Brunette" to the basket because the product is out of stock.
What is Viscose/ Rayon Fabric?
Viscose or Rayon (also known as Rayon Challis) is a man-made, woven fabric made from natural fibres.
What can I sew with this fabric?
This fabric drapes beautifully and feels soft and luxurious to the touch. Additionally, it is a lightweight fabric so you will find it makes lovely dresses, skirts, trousers and tops. Below you can see a circle skirt made from Rayon Challis. Click the photo to be taken to our Circle Skirt Tutorial.
How do I care for Viscose/ Rayon Fabric?
Machine wash at 30 degrees Celsius. Select a gentle cycle and a low spin speed. Woven rayon/viscose fabrics can also be hand washed using warm water and a gentle detergent. Hang to dry. Iron on a low to medium heat with steam.
Any tips for sewing this fabric?
• Wash before cutting and sewing, to avoid shrinkage.
• Use more pins than you usually would. This helps to keep the seams together and stop the fabric layers sliding around.
• Try to avoid positioning pinheads over the fabric because they can distort the fabric.
• Additionally, it can be help to tack or baste some seams before sewing them for real, just to check they go together accurately.