What is Winter Sweatshirt Fabric?
Our high quality Winter Sweatshirt fabric has a smooth knitted side and a very soft, brushed backing. It consists of a mix of cotton and polyester and is 420 g per metre. This fabric is perfect for lounge wear, hoodies, casual jackets, jumpers, cosy dresses, tunics and cardigans.
How do I care for these fabrics?
As with most fabrics, we suggest you wash before cutting and sewing, in case of shrinkage. We recommend you machine-wash the fabric on a 30 degree cycle. Dry naturally or tumble dry on low heat. Press the fabric on a medium heat.
Any tips for sewing these fabrics?
• We recommend a ball point/jersey needle: 70/10 to 90/12
• Use stay-tape for stabilising seams around armholes, shoulders and necklines
• A Serger sews this fabric really well but is not essential, an ordinary sewing machine works just fine
• Use a twin needle for a professional looking finish for top stitching
• You can use an all purpose sewing foot but if you are sewing multiple layers you could switch to a walking foot which might be easier
• Test your stitching on a small cut-off piece first – we recommend a stitch length of around 3 to 3.5
• Do not pull the fabric through the machine when sewing, but stretch it slightly